Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so its been about 2 years i started with a fzr750 and totaled it, today i just traded my laptop for a 98 yzf600r thundercat even across, i think i got a good deal on it, besides a prior salvage title only severe problem it has is it pulls hard to the left and i have to fight with it to regain control, and shifting from first to second she likes to jump to nuetral and the same going from second to first, any ideas on what the cause is? For the pullin im thinking bent forks or rear tire out of line and for shifting maybe bent shift fork? Ill post pics when i figure out how to send from my iphone

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are two pics ill have more up tomorrow its already started being turnd to a fighter

What yall think, diamond in the rough maybe?

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
the pull to the left would scare me from the trade, personally. make sure you get the frame inspected. check the forks too.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
gear "jump" is prob worn clutch plates

pull to the left, could be million things. one side of the triple isnt even with the other, bent fork, bent wheel, but mostly likely head bearings.

put the bike up on a jack, letting the front wheel hang, slowly move from right to left, if u feel it dip in the center then its prob head bearings. but like i said could be buncha different things

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some more pictures like i said its not pretty but its functional

But for a 200 dollar laptop i think i made out well on this deal

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update the guy i bought the bike from came by bearing a gift, said these came in from ebay today

These bar end mirrors will go great with my sport cafe look i am shooting for

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha know what you mean there and i ride it every day just want to make a cafe/fighter out of it and dont know where to start

·
Penta-personality
38 Posts
waddya mean "don't know where to start"?

1. browse around the inter-webz for a while, downloading pics of other bikes that you think are cool, or bikes that have specific things about them that you like.
  2. use pics as inspiration for your bike.
  3. pick one aspect that you want to change, for example the tail, or headlight, or....
  4. start there.
  5. do work.
  6. ???
  7. move on to next thing you want to change.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found a tail fairing for a 98 yzf600r r6 will this work on my bike? I look the look of the r6 and the r1 tails and don have alot of experience with this but i need to b able to ride while working on it

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could be wrong here, but those forks are visible bent. No?

Especially the throttle side right under the bottom triple...
Yeah they are bent shes has a seriously rough life with the p.o and got to work today and hear some "chain/sprocket jump" thought it was too loose opened up the hoysing and started to cry my sprocket has nubs instead of teeth i barely got her home this morning ugh ill post pics after daylight and the rain stops

1 - 20 of 29 Posts