Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YZF750R 95 Streetfighter
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i allready have a YZF750R which is looking like a streetfighter, but it's a little to old fashion style for me now.... :shockerknucks:

The id is to start from that :

Mainly what i don't like is the back and the front, i might change over things in the future but let start by that.

I brought of ebay a rear fairing from a racing R6 already mounted on another 700cc bike apparently (see the green text on the bellow pics) and i adapt it to my YZF, the thing is that in Switzerland the modification of motorbike is really monitored by the authority :rulez: and it's a bit of a pain to change from a 2 passengers motorbike to an official 1 passenger without going through a professional having official right to do it, so, i had to make the rear easily exchangeable from the "old 2 seats" to the "new 1 seat" and the over way around in case i have my bike to be check (every two years or if the police is smart enough to notice the thing...:letsride:)

Here is a close up of the old rear (a little too scare to me....):

i group the electrical harnest of the rear to a single connector in order to allow and easy swap:

Then i attach the back frame with the plastic undertail and cut it right before the bike main aluminium frame, so i can put it back on straight forward :

Made the cut to the new fairing to make it fit like i wanted it :

Build up a new frame to support the fairing :

Installed new blade type blinkers in place of the second rear seat foot pads :

Modified a seat that i got from ebay to make it fit on the bike, here is the pics of the seat hook mod:

And here is the result :

Made my own exhaust fixture bracket:

Final result as of now :

Little improvement no ? :evilred:

I'll soon modifiy the front, i'll change the single light to a double optic with a little fender like the buell xb one. Then painting and over things probably !

I'll keep you updated :letsride::gears:

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Looking good man, what ya got in mind for the front?

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
That will look good!

·
YZF750R 95 Streetfighter
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front mod is done!:nos:

Here are some pics of it:

Start from that:

Build strong enought home made brackets to hold the lights from the center:

Adjustments :

Installation of the new fender, i had to create my own brackets as well :

Just have to find a painter now! What do you think of it?

:voodoo:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That looks great and gave me somewhere to start on my yzf750 I'm new to this so the chopping of the back end scares me a little but your ideas look like what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
I really like that front end. And the tail looks great too. I like how you made it do you can swap tails quickly incase you need to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts