Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
Earl’s, Setrab, etc all offer smaller oil coolers. It all really depends on how small/big you want. I have a small Earl’s 7-row for my Gpz project. It’s about 7x3x2” for the core. It has -6AN fittings too.

Later, Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl’s, Setrab, etc all offer smaller oil coolers. It all really depends on how small/big you want. I have a small Earl’s 7-row for my Gpz project. It’s about 7x3x2” for the core. It has -6AN fittings too.

Later, Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you , I don’t how big I can go, I am a complete novice. But would bigger be better for cooling the engine, so be better for it? If so how big can I go. It’s actually got 1100 pistons in it too, so don’t know if that would make a difference? I’m gonna stage 3 dynojet it too.

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
You really shouldn’t need a cooler unless you meet 1 or more of the following criteria (in my opinion anyways):
1) live in a hot climate
2) sit in stop-n-go traffic frequently
3) raised compression ratio

Even with the Gpz1100 pistons (8.9:1 CR), you shouldn’t be generating a lot of heat. As a matter of fact it is possible to over cool an engine.

Again this is just my opinion.

Later, Doug

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You really shouldn’t need a cooler unless you meet 1 or more of the following criteria (in my opinion anyways):
1) live in a hot climate
2) sit in stop-n-go traffic frequently
3) raised compression ratio

Even with the Gpz1100 pistons (8.9:1 CR), you shouldn’t be generating a lot of heat. As a matter of fact it is possible to over cool an engine.

Again this is just my opinion.

Later, Doug
That’s interesting. I’m just thinking of what size radiator I need . Because I see on you tube many Zeds in Japan seem to have bigger chrome oil radiators. I did contact serab that you recommended, so I’ll let you know what they say.

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
Many of the Japanese customs often have performance engine work done which is why they have larger oil coolers. Giving Setrab a call won’t hurt either.

Later, Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts