Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I was contemplating selling my 06 z750s in order to get a project bike. Then I really started to look at cafe bikes and planning how to turn my bike into a cafe racer. The build was to be something simply and not time consuming because hate not being able to ride. Well heres her story:

This is how she was when I started.

Then I bought a 7" round headlight, fork mounts, cafe exhaust and clip-on handlebars. This part of the install was fairly simple and needed just a little bit of wiring adjustment for the new headlight and remounting the speedometer.

As I just finished installing the checkered decal on the tank, the mail man brought my cafe seat. Took almost a month to get it from China. I quickly chopped off the subframe to see how the seat would sit and how to build the new subframe.

Couple of days later after searching online for a cafe seat loop, I decided that I would try to build one myself. I bought some 90 degree steel piping and got to practice my welding and grinding skills. While doing this I also got an idea to make the back of the loop flat so that I could mount an led brake light that I had lying around. Here is how she currently sits after todays work:

Here is what is left to do:
shorten the exhaust a bit
finalize the paint on the subframe
build an underseat tray for minor electronics
build seat mounts
build side covers for the coolant and electronics
build some sort of small fairing for the headlight

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys, I have been on vacation so I havent had a chance to get any work done. All I could think about during my vacation is what I'm going to do to finish up the bike. I should be able to make some progress next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got some more work done on the bike. I got some of the extra tabs cut off and finalized the subframe with primer. Should get it painted tomorrow. I also created the undertail with a lock and custom license plate mount similar to the ducati diavel, and lastly I was able to shorten the exhaust by 2.5". I would like to get another inch but that would mean splitting the mid pipe and Im not ready to do that just yet. Heres the progress:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I finally had some time to get some more work done. I got tired of the green so I decided to try plasti dipping the bike red. Also painted alot of parts black to make the bike look a little more neutral. Installed my blinkers and license plate lights on to the new license plate mount also. I am considering moving it under the tail though because of how much vibration it is under.

Next the plan is to get a front headlight cowl and install hid's or led's instead of the halogen bulb for better lighting. Here is how she currently sits.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Damn, it looks different in red! Love the color change..

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice bud! Have you thought about getting yourself up to 50 (not too spammy) posts and getting it in the running for Fighter of the Month? http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106626
Hey thanks, ive been considering it but it seems like I get so busy with work and school that ive been lacking to post more here. Plus I have someone that fell in love with the bike and wants to buy it this weekend.

I already picked up a vfr800 so that will be my next project if this one sells.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts