Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not in the slightest......:confused: Got a deal with a guy,I'm making him some billet bits (forwards and mounts) for his Vmax and in turn he's gonna sort out a front end. I'll use whatever turns up,in some nice billet yokes. Would love some radial gear but I reckon that might be aiming a bit high.....:rotfl:

Already got the swingarm and shock from a 2000 R6,so jamming that in will be the first job.

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its the 750 bud. Personally I don't like the 11,if you look at it the frame is quite a lot different at the swingarm pivot area. The 750 was always the closest in design to the old Z1 and the like. :rock:

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
I was curious cause i have a zr7 which is, from what i understand, the same motor as the earlier zephyrs. Was wondering if the 1100 zephyr motor would work on the zr7 frame.

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah,they are. I've seen a ZR7 frame stripped down and I am pretty certain that the whole lot is a zephyr frame with the rear redone for a monoshock,the cradle looks identical. Which unfortunately means the 11 engine won't fit,its just too big for the 750 frame. However,I'm pretty confident that the old GPZ1100 engine (the aircooled from the early 80's) can be persuaded into place,I'm going to be seeing Mustapha over the christmas period (not that he knows yet.......lol) to borrow a set of cases in order to check it all out,so keep 'em peeled....:rock:

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'd have thought not,but by all accounts they're wider in the oil pan area so they won't fit between the lower spars,not to mention the height of it.

·
Veni, vidi, vici
460 Posts
really nice build mate. i agree with you about the 750 frame looking alot nicer, has more of an old skool look to it.
Funny... i´ve got the same rearlight that i´m going to fit in a zephyr seat unit for my bike.
good luck with the build;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looking good.

Strange thing is though, by putting the gsxr lump in the Zepher chassis , depending on bodywork, its going to resemble the gsx750 Inazuma (think that was us model)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts