Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fook it,why not chuck it in.....can't see it doing much against some of these monster builds going on but I'm up for the craic......
Bought this earlier this year and started to tidy it up,few little mods like zx6 rear wheel and RWU front end,kind of an update job.

But then I was mulling it over with the wife a few weeks ago,and the basic convo was along the lines of ;Her 'are you building it like that cos you want to or just to get it on the road??'
Me 'well,yeah,in an ideal world it'd be USD front end,trick rear,you know.....'
Her 'well stop fucking around and build the bastard how you want it!!!'
God,I love that woman......

So plans now are a nice,chunky front end,monoshock rear and a slimmed down seat,lighten and tighten up mothafucka!! :shockerknucks:

Its stage 1 cos this winters build will be to sort out the chassis. The engine swap will come net winter after riding season.......

I'll sling up some dated pics of how she stands tomorrow,as the first cuts are made......:robssmilie:

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well,not much got done cos I was finishing up these monsters for 'Busa forks into a GSX14...

And working on some spacers for 37Monkey.....yeah,helping out a competitor when I should have been working on mine.....:confused: :D

Anyway,here's as she stands. With a diesel receipt for de date.....

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some work has been done.......

Machining the swingarm to fit in the frame,also when I got back in from the holidays my A123 cells were in (no piccy as I got all excitable and rushed down to my customer who just happens to make battery packs for a living....) and the new taillight,which will sit back under the cowl.

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good morning today,first machined some dummy bearings for the arm and mocked it up......

So,onto the shock mount. Machined up some bits and notched some tube....

And tacked 'em in....

Then onto the upper braces,tacked in a cross tube to bring them off of....

And machined up a mock bottom link as a tester....

Next up,de-tab the frame and beef up the centre stand bracket (using it as the bottom link mount).

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a very exciting update but an update nonetheless......had to extend the rear tubes slightly so machined some thick wall tube,slipped it in and plug welded,then made up an infill plate/light mount,an undertray,necessary mounts,mounted the electrical bits and finished welding all the bits and bobs.....so I'm going to call the frame ready for powder......:excellent:

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,I'm out. The boss has just dictated no more homework allowed and the company is 6 months from going under. Yay. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts