Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really like the exhaust! Did you experience any performance loss cause it's so short?
She needs a good cleaning and a few bits changed here and there :)

·
Thudarcat Rider
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the exhaust! Did you experience any performance loss cause it's so short?
She needs a good cleaning and a few bits changed here and there :)
No the exhaust actually seemed to smooth things out. Yeah does need to be cleaned. I have a few ideas kicking around on where to go with some other mods. Need to work on the cash flow before I can though

·
The Green Bastard
132 Posts
Ya sweet headlight. Im a sucker for a classic round

·
Thudarcat Rider
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the vapor. Does the trick. Great for the price though.

As for the head lamp, I just did some Google searching for a 7" round head lamp. I'm going for a cafe fighter look.
I'm have more pix in my build thread. See my thread link in my signature. Feel free to comment there too.

·
Thudarcat Rider
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the vapor. Does the trick. Great for the price though.

As for the head lamp, I just did some Google searching for a 7" round head lamp. I'm going for a cafe fighter look.
I'm have more pix in my build thread. See my thread link in my signature. Feel free to comment there too.

·
Thudarcat Rider
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks nice man, just bought one myself
Did you paint the rear/front wheel cover or is it vinyl wrap >?
Rattle can flat black. I got some stuff, can't remember the brand but I picked it up at Home Depot, but it had a primer already mixed in. Stuff works really well on covering up old paint too.

·
The Broccoliciousness
343 Posts
The headlight. Love the classic round look
The top of the triples, looks pretty clean, keeps the front end lower visually
The exhaust is cool looking

Dislikes:
The wrapped pipes. It doesn't fit the rest of the bike.
Dat ass! Holy crap, maybe its just the color mismatch, but the back end looks huuuuuuge!

Good start though, and tons of potential.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I actually rekon the wrap looks boss!
not a fan of the cats ass end but its not something too easily changed without welding/cutting frame which in my case will make it hard to pass yearly registration check

·
Thudarcat Rider
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually rekon the wrap looks boss!
not a fan of the cats ass end but its not something too easily changed without welding/cutting frame which in my case will make it hard to pass yearly registration check
I like the wraps too man, thanks. I'm actually doing a sub-frame job on it right now. Check out my build thread in my signature. take a look a feel free to drop some comments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its good to see that you spent some time cleaning up the brackets around the air inlet holes, most pic's I have seen people don't bother.

Did you not fancy removing the lower bracing completely on those tubes to make it real clean?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure what you're referring to.
The big holes in the frame that used to have air ducting inside them, you have filled them with mesh...... There are big brackets welded below them. You have made them look better by layering filler over them to blend them in a bit.
Just wondered why you didn't give the angle grinder a work out and cut them off!

·
Thudarcat Rider
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The big holes in the frame that used to have air ducting inside them, you have filled them with mesh...... There are big brackets welded below them. You have made them look better by layering filler over them to blend them in a bit.
Just wondered why you didn't give the angle grinder a work out and cut them off!
OIC, the other parts that I took off, I didn't worry about them taking away from any structural integrity. Those on the other hand, I stayed on the safe side and didn't. I might have been over cautions, but I'd rather be safe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts