Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled the FZR-400 out of the shit pile and began to work her a bit more.

I brought the thing to my buddies shop and got him to hook up the lights for me when I was out of town last week.

Bad part is the fucken idiot delivered the bike in a truck... .with out trying it down.

When I got it at the house it was all fucked up borken on its side.

Rear seat I worked so hard on was cracked the fucken swingarm had deep gouges in the powder coating down to bare metal from the swing arm stand digging in.:wtf:

How fucken stupid do you have to be to put a bike on a swing arm stand and send it off for delivery and actually think it won't fall over? Especially in a city like Shanghai with over 25 million peopel tryign to get home in evening rafic ARGHHHHHHHHHHH! :mad:

Fuck I was pissed and ripped him a new ass.:mad::mad::mad:

Side note: I thin k Ijsut secured a ful ride for next season for a team. me being the team manager adn us sporting 3 r-6 yamahas in eh Chinese Superbike series. Think he will be part of that? FUCK NO! No brain mother fucker!

I need to repaint everything and fuck I guess just rattle can some flat black over the fucked up parts of the frame and swing arm.

I took the custom slip on of the race bike and put her on the street fighter.

I also will take off fthe front USD forks off the TZR 250 GP bike and put it on the Fighter and might even try to swap gull wing swing arm.

They are about the same year yamaha and I am hoping they are close enough to make an easy swap.

Ok Rant over here is what the bike looks like now.

Fuck! I can only get this picture uploaded for now. I wil be at the shop in a few days and pull her out and clean her up then snap some better shots.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Re: Zombie Project rivived

fuckin blows about the asshat delivering your bike.

other than that the bike is lookin hot

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts

cant wait for more pics (tank detail :D ) man...i cant believe you didnt strike that man down for what he did. thats self discipline!

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Adam, Catch 22 on the hitting. They have to hit me first them I can defend myself. But if I just smack a Chinese citizen I get deported on the next plane. Its a bitch having to deal with that cause there are so many I want to bitch slap.

But I cussed him out in his own language and even argued with him to the point he had no choice but to go sit in his truck and wait for his boss to show up.

I thought that was pretty good as my Chinese is getting good enough to win an arguement ha ha ...But enough about that.

Here are some more pics I took today and a bit of what the plans are. I am almost done. got it running and have a sound bite on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IViHVEt264

Due to the unfortunate incident I need to get a repaint done on my tank and seat. The tank has a decal on it now and it will get a proper air brush job over the next week in a red color schee to match the rest of the bike.

Note ther are no guages, no key to start it, no turn signals, The brake light is always on high and is non functional. I have a hidden kill switch going in to give it power or not. There is no horn no kick stand (But I am working on that)

To turn the fan on the radiator I hit the turn signal swith to make a right turn. Off is a left turn signal ha ha. I wired it

The rest gets the old trusty rattle can of flat black. i suspect the first of many coats of flat black that will need to be applied over the coming years.

Just a hint of red here and there. The silver cover gets the flat black from a can treatment next week as well.

The front end sucks on this bike. Forks are way to small so I took the forks of my Yamaha TZR (1991) and will swap out. Right now I am waiting for the stem to be sleeved and pressed in the tripple clamp.

This will get a bit of beef on the front end. (Size does matter) The TZR has a carbon fiber fender which I will keep and I will repaint the wheel to match with rattle can flat black as well.

The banana shapes vents will get a red anodized mesh screen put in them from the inside to go with the red/black color scheme.

The tail lights I took off a junk Honda NSR-250 (Or some sort of honda 250 might not be a NSR) that was laying around the shop.

Well thats it for now. Tell the brits to kiss my ass. If this is not a total ghetto street fighter I am not too sure what is. Trying to get a bike this old rebuilt here is about impossible anyway and to get a fighter built.. fuck its an act of god!

And Douge Z look your master cyclinder eliminator kit is now installed in this bike as well.

Oh and a bit of self promotion..here are my rear sets with red anodized pegs to match the colors.

The slip on I took off the now torn apart FZR-400 racer I had the shop build a shorty one off for it and I think it works OK.

This thing is going to be legally (Somewhat) registered as an FZR-250cc 'cause thats the biggest bike they allow over here now.

More later once it is 100% done which should be next week.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts

this thing is cool as fuck, just for the pure amount of flat black that is on it. lol

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thank guys.

Did anyone hit the link to You tube and hear the thing running. I love the exhaust sound but then I am a bit partial to my own work ha ha.

Sounds a bit like Catmans from the Indy Show I think.

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Bed liner? here? ha ha ha ha ha

But I appreciate the tip. I got to run to the USA in a month so maybe I will get something when I am there.

I plan to get some sort of paint for the engine thas more het resistant as well. Whats the name of that shit anyway?... crap I know I can get it at Napa anyway.

I get stuff powder coated all the time for my Side car bikes I refurbish so I can get them powder coated if I want to go through the hastle.

Right now I just want to get the thing on the road before its nut freezing time.

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PJ1 yeah thats the ticket.

Brain fart kept the name out of the frontal lobe! ha ha

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Got the TZR front end with the USD forks switched over.

I had to press out the shorter stem and press in the FZR's longer stem but the base was thinner so I had to get a sleeve machined.

Oh my god it fit! Holy Shit!. I heard angels in heaven singing I sweart I did! Something actually fucken worked on this build!

I then got the tail light slapped on the ass end.

Its ugly sticks out a bit much and well fuck it was free off a junk bike so on it went.

Now I have a light to comply.......just cause its always on high lite like the front head lights oh well.

I added a bracket to hold the exhaust on. Some cheap strapping, a drill, a can of red spray paint and about 30 minutes later ta da a functional strap.

Oh yea the front wheel and the disc brake hubs get hit with the flat black can this coming week as well.

Tank cover front shield (Mask) and tail end get a spray job and the mural on this week also.

Just waiting for the License plate now. I will fire her up next week about wednesday and take her out for a test spin.

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great work for your options over there, respect man
why not just flip the taillight over 180° and fit 'em inside the tail, looks like it should be easy
I thought about that but there is actually little room in that tail with the subframe and electronics stuffed up in there.

Also the bottom of th light has a clear white light to shine on the number plate and iluminate it at night.

So if I flipped it over there woud be a white light shinning up my ass.....Wait a mintue that does not sound good! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
lol... as if your white ass doesnt stick out like a sore thumb out there already. :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts