Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've got a nasty chrome tank laying around that I have no use for, its dented in a few spots and needs a cap. Figured maybe someone out there could have a use for it. If you pay shipping its yours, or let me know what you've got to trade. Could use some 1 1/8 risers.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Lol thanks drj but IMA pass on this one. I think I changed my mind again and now I'm looking for something with a fuel pump in it

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Is there any chance you might be able to measure that frame tunnel for me?
I have a ZX600R with the weird double tube upper frame, has a horrendous tank so I am looking for options for tank swaps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Those dimensions (all inches) are pretty nominal as I roughed it with a measuring tape. The total length of the tunnel is 23" as well. If that is confusing let me know, the smaller dimensions are the "top" dimension if the tank were on the bike, the bigger is the bottom of the tunnel. Just tell me if you need more dimensions.

Also I'm in Ames, so depending on where you are in Iowa I could probably meet you somewhere if you end up wanting it!

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
I will try and get into the shed today to measure it all up.
I am in Keokuk, which is the southeastern most tip of the state, Ames is a good 4+ hour drive if memory serves.

I wont ask you to hold it for me, but if you this measures up, and you still have it when my tax return gets here I would gladly take this off your hands.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good to me man. Let me know

Reactions: ROBBO

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Ok so its cold outside, and I didn't make it into the shed.

But I fond my old list of measurements and if anything that might be a bit wider than the crap tank the bike came with AKA, I believe I can in fact work with that.

Would you happen to know how much shipping to 52632 would cost, and is that chromed or polished, wrapped or what?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll wrap it up and bring it to ups for a quote. I know it isn't wrapped but I really couldn't tell you if it was polished or chromed. For my best guess I would say chromed but don't take my word as truth.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sorry its taking so long. Hectic first week of classes so I should make it up there next week for a quote.

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
No rush Im 2-3 weeks from getting tax refund at this point as is, and the bike is collecting dust in the shed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts