Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. I finaly got myself a project.
It's not much. But it's mine. It's a suzuki gsx 600f, katana or as other like to call it,
a teapot. I have bearly started the project. I've ripped off the plastics and have
started to design some mini fairings out of some "racing netting" in the lack of a
better English word. I am going to use this as a mold for the glassfiber im putting on top of it.
I've also started thinking about how i want to chop the subframe.
But since i don't know what tail i would like im waiting a bit before i start going crazy with the cutting.
Does anyone have a good suggestion to a nice tail for the katana?
I want it fairly high in the back but not much higher up for me as a driver,
since im not to tall. I also want it to be a 2 seater.
I know this post is worthless without pictures.But I'll promise to post some when im off work.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts

this was my kat. i had maybe $45 wrapped up into it. Really great around town bike. I liked the monster seat.
It fit well with the tank and felt good to ride on. (which is sometimes overlooked when tail swapping on this site)

whatever you do beyond removing the fairings will make it much better than the faired version anyways :D

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Plastics gone.... Also playing around with the seat hight a bit .

Ruffly cut out the desired shape out of cardboard
before i cut it from netting old-school style .

Got it on the bike, and tweaked it a bit to get it into the right shape,
Ready to be fiber-glassed .

only two mounting points though, think i need to make some kind of mount in the back of it too.

About how i think the frame need to be, but im clueless, any advice?
Blue lines= new subframe, white dot= mounting points welded on to frame.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Wondering about ordering one of these, anyone got any experience with them?

Link here
Also want one of these,

if only KtAutoparts got something small enough for me to use...

Would love having these...

behind this:

if it works that is.. i have ordered the mask, but not quite sure about it yet.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

this was my kat. i had maybe $45 wrapped up into it. Really great around town bike. I liked the monster seat.
It fit well with the tank and felt good to ride on. (which is sometimes overlooked when tail swapping on this site)

whatever you do beyond removing the fairings will make it much better than the faired version anyways :D
Hehe i know its allot prettier without the plastics :D
Did you weld on a monster subframe or make your own btw?
if you made your own, any chance you got pictures so i can see how you made it? :hippie7:

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
i converted it in just under 4 hours. It was a quick "streetfighter" treatment. Just 3* up on the subframe using most of the old subframe.

dirt bars made it a wheelie machine until i blew the fork seals catastrophically and the clutch started to slip bad

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i converted it in just under 4 hours. It was a quick "streetfighter" treatment. Just 3* up on the subframe using most of the old subframe.

dirt bars made it a wheelie machine until i blew the fork seals catastrophically and the clutch started to slip bad
i obviously need dirtbars :rock:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Looks like you got yourself a nice bike zom. I havent seen that mesh used as a mock up before, looks like a good idea if you can lay the fiberglass on it or put it in the fiberglass for rigidity

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
the bottom rail on your subframe should straight (well angled ) up not go out then up and if look at UFs subframe do it like he did simple yet sturdy

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you got yourself a nice bike zom. I havent seen that mesh used as a mock up before, looks like a good idea if you can lay the fiberglass on it or put it in the fiberglass for rigidity

It was the only thing i could think of that was flexible enough for me to work with. I don't even know what people usually do :p

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Normal? Who cares whats normal. If we were all normal we would have plastics with some fancy paint an bling on it. We're not normal lol, we're all slightly twisted

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got some more work done today, could of been allot more,
But im working my ass of these days.
Luckily its under a month till i have a couple of weeks off...
almost cant wait..

Got off the rest of the behind, almost ready to chop.
only that Ohlins damper reservoir tank left on there.
(btw:not stock right??)

And got off that ugly headlight.... starting to look "fightered"

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone have any experience with these?

looks good in my opinion, link HERE

And can anyone give there opinion on what color would work with Matt dark green?
(like the color on the MASK i want to try out as a headlight)
im thinking for the levers, chain, sprockets, and other details.

All help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
WTF? Who puts a ohlins shock on a kat and even worse how do they just let it go and get that nasty? That shit ain't cheap. You might want to check and see if they did anything to the forks too

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these?

looks good in my opinion, link HERE

And can anyone give there opinion on what color would work with Matt dark green?
(like the color on the MASK i want to try out as a headlight)
im thinking for the levers, chain, sprockets, and other details.

All help is appreciated :)

This is a very good setup. I'm planning to pick up a set of their bars for my Vmax but the whole combo is 100% good quality. I've had a few older friends use these for their race replicas so they can do trackdays without being crippled by the riding position

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WTF? Who puts a ohlins shock on a kat and even worse how do they just let it go and get that nasty? That shit ain't cheap. You might want to check and see if they did anything to the forks too
I know ^^ I'll wash it up good :) yeah i'll check while im changing the top triple ...

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is a very good setup. I'm planning to pick up a set of their bars for my Vmax but the whole combo is 100% good quality. I've had a few older friends use these for their race replicas so they can do trackdays without being crippled by the riding position
Awesome .. I'll order one right away :) want to sit a bit higher since im more used to motorcross bikes. And im not feeling that comfortable in the fetal posistion :p

I liked that they send with everything needed :) ill order up some new sprockets and stuff from the same shop while im at it :)

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FOOK ME!
My computer is dead....
The worst part is that im pretty handy with computers.. but now i dont know what is going on at all :( this blows...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts