Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start with a brand new 2014 green and black ZX-14, put carbon fiber BST wheels on it, Ohlins shock, ECU flash with Brocks header with race maps installed in ECU. Then take it up in the hills and wad it up. Ride it for 2 hours to get it back home. Buy it back from insurance and make a SF bike out of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had it on the dyno after flash/ de-restricted, header and it pulled 196 HP on rear wheel. There was another 2014 ZX14 with PC5 and akro header there and his pulled 198 HP on rear wheel. After the crash and taking every thing off, I got the bike down to 450 lb.s ready to ride. That's pretty lite for a zx-14 bike. The numbers were 243 lb.s on the front axle and rear was 206 lb.s

Just for comparison, I got a 2013 ZX-10 with BST's, Ohlins, and a lot of stuff taken off down to 390 lb.s (203 lb.s front, 187 lb.s rear) ready to ride. ZX-10 pulled 186 rwhp on dyno.

Attachments

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
I'm DROOLING over all that carbon fiber... Unfff.
Especially the wheels.
Wish they made more carbon fiber stuff for the first gen SVs. :/
Then again, the wheels probably cost more than my first gen SV did.

I disagree with the better-with-fairing comment.
I think it looks great except for the mask and the intake tubes and the one silver part of the motor.
The intake tubes kind of look like the alien mask's ears... Lol.
The Speed Four had some sexy intake tubes... Maybe you could do something like that with yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm DROOLING over all that carbon fiber... Unfff.
Especially the wheels.
Wish they made more carbon fiber stuff for the first gen SVs. :/
Then again, the wheels probably cost more than my first gen SV did.

I disagree with the better-with-fairing comment.
I think it looks great except for the mask and the intake tubes and the one silver part of the motor.
The intake tubes kind of look like the alien mask's ears... Lol.
The Speed Four had some sexy intake tubes... Maybe you could do something like that with yours.
Thanks for the tip ( googled speed four and looked at images) on the air intakes, I'm not done and I do want to do something with the air intake tubes, maybe in carbon fiber or fit some speed four tubes on mine.

The carbon fiber stuff is pricey that's for sure. To do up a bike, your lookin at 3200 for BST's with ceramic bearings, around 1200 (zx-14) to 1700 (zx-10 with link and revalve) for shock. Then header 1100, and CF front fender 150.

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
Huh... Was that fender custom-made for you or does a company already make CF fenders for ZX-14s?
I can't find any CF fenders for my SV, but if it's only $150 then I might get one custom-made.
I assumed it'd be more, based on the price of the side covers I'm having made.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huh... Was that fender custom-made for you or does a company already make CF fenders for ZX-14s?
I can't find any CF fenders for my SV, but if it's only $150 then I might get one custom-made.
I assumed it'd be more, based on the price of the side covers I'm having made.
Putting a smaller 2007 ZX-10 front fender on a ZX-14 is a popular mod. You have to order a small aluminum bracket that allows the ZX-10 fender to be bolted onto the ZX-14. So I ordered the small bracket and then went online and found a company that makes 2007 zx-10 carbon fiber front fenders, and ordered one of those.

If I remember right a lot of guys were swappin out the SV,s forks for GSXR forks. or take measurements, maybe a 2003 SV or GSXR front fender is close enough to where you could drill one hole on both sides and it would bolt up.

I found this for you on flee-bay , check it out . http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271574275522?lpid=82&chn=ps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hell yes. I so want to fighter a concours
The concourse is a little bit different than the 2012-present ZX-14, but, I'm sure if ya got a will there is a way.

This bike feels like a mid 2000's liter bike as far as weight (450 lb.s with 200 HP and 120 ft lb.s of torque) but a hell of a lot more pow-wa. Its a hand full that's for sure.

Very nice but carbon wheels on a road bike never a good idea imho
Don't keep that old wive's tale of years past going, CF wheels have been out for a long time now, and sure they've had their problems at first, but todays wheels are different than the wheels of 15 years ago.

Don't fear, and stop spreadin the undocumented rumors

Reactions: QuiCkSiLv3R
G

·
Don't keep that old wive's tale of years past going, CF wheels have been out for a long time now, and sure they've had their problems at first, but todays wheels are different than the wheels of 15 years ago.

Don't fear, and stop spreadin the undocumented rumors
Err fella I used to make the damn things so maybe have a little more idea than you about the use of carbon in wheels, the materials & processes involved have not changed since the first carbon wheels were made :fu:

Of course its your choice to make & all I can do is advise from experience but I stand by my statement :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Err fella I used to make the damn things so maybe have a little more idea than you about the use of carbon in wheels, the materials & processes involved have not changed since the first carbon wheels were made :fu:

Of course its your choice to make & all I can do is advise from experience but I stand by my statement :)
yeah, ok

oh yeah, say hello to everybody in South Africa

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
post up that zx10.
This is a pic before the BST wheels and Ohlins shock and I painted the tail upper section right under the pylon seat yellow. I'm always tinkerin on my bikes and don't take many pictures. Here ya go.

Attachments

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
I wonder how much gas tank there is that extends down to the bracket mount for the subframe. If that tank holds fuel all the way down there, a custom subframe with a better tail I would assume may be harder on the ZX14 than other bikes out there.

Has real potential. I like it because the frame isn't a diagonal drive around the sides of the motor like the newer GSXR's. The frame kinda goes up and over. I like being able to see the full engine kinda sticking out of the sides of the frame. just has more of a mechanical ish look to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is a squarish part that you don't see that goes down from the tank that you see in the pic.s. I believe the tank holds a total of around 5.8 or 5.3 gallons (can't remember).

Things I wanna do to it is: Something with those stock rubber air intake tubes. Paint the head on the engine black. Maybe get or use a different "Mask" on the front (something that looks like a hockey goalie/Jason mask)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts