Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in desperate need of front discs for my 91 gsx750f and i'am skint, so was going to put bike away until i can afford some, but then i thought, i just got my 1988 kawasaki zx10 back from the insurance, why not just swap the front ends over. but thats about as far as my knowledge goes.
so i need help, will it be a straight job, or will i have to modify the head stock etc.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
At the very least you will probably have to press out the stems and swap them. I'm not sure though. Check allballz website, they have a list of conversion kits that only require different bearings. If you do have to swap the stem, its typically pretty easy for anyone with a press to do and then just use the stock bearings, bolt it up and your good to go.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I think it might just be easier to save some pennies for front disks then trying to swap that front end over.
Put a WTB thread and see if anyone on here has any they're willing to get rid of.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
im in desperate need of front discs for my 91 gsx750f and i'am skint, so was going to put bike away until i can afford some, but then i thought, i just got my 1988 kawasaki zx10 back from the insurance, why not just swap the front ends over. but thats about as far as my knowledge goes.
so i need help, will it be a straight job, or will i have to modify the head stock etc.
are ya Stateside or back over in Blighty mate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts