Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,180 Posts
Is there a swingarm that will fit better and more easily and can take an 8" tyre rather than messing about with the ones I have?
A 8" tire is quite wide for any OEM swingarm except maybe a 2nd Gen Vmax or some of the newer cruiser style bikes. Is there a reason you want such a wide tire? I'm not knocking you but a smaller 180-200mm tire is much more easily fitted in existing swingarms and will provide plenty of traction.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,180 Posts
My mistake, I thought you meant a 8" rim. After I did some math a 8" tire is 203mm wide. So you just want to fit a 200mm tire on a 6" rim? What about a Hayabusa or Gsxr750/1000 swingarm? They are narrower than 250mm at the front and can fit a 200mm tire easily with a centrally located shock.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,180 Posts
If you don't want the bracing of the Busa/750/1000 arms then take a look at the '97-03 Gsxr600. They look like others but come unbraced from the factory. I'm unsure of the length though.

Later, Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.