Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Zx14 streetfighter?

47K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  MikeGyver 
#1 ·
anybody found some pics of a kawasaki zx14 fighter. wonde rif anyone felt inclined to strip that big ugly bitch down.....

#8 ·
aint it the truth!! its weird how that is, but if she were to get down to like 115lbs would she lose her abilities?

#10 ·
i believe she would gain abilities cuz then no one would wanna fuck her, therefore shed have to hone up her skills in the hummer field

and on subject :ttiwwop:

#13 ·
Stripped concourse: (same engine?)

yah same motor. they changed a thing or two...shaft drive...and probably somewhat de-tuned i'd guess.

THAT picture has had me DROOLING over the concours at my work all season. i would love to build one of those up. just take exactly that and add a subframe. SICK!

:metal:

#16 ·
wow, i never really paid attention to that parallelogram (4 link) swinger on the concours. that's pretty trick. haven't seen that done often, but everything i've ever read on the subject says it's a hot ticket. i could see someone building a mean power cruiser out of that bike. too much crap for a proper 'fighter though, imo.

#17 ·
My dad bought one (c14) about a month ago and I've been dying to get him to strip it. It'll never happen though, he already has over 3k on it. I haven't ridden a zx-14 but the c14 is making about 160 horse and man is it a nice st bike. I'd fight it in a second.

#35 ·
I think the fuel tank is plastic and follows the contour of the monocoque frame. Below the tank the airbox is integral with the frame. Pretty cool.

#23 ·
YEAH BOY!!!

hey........

i had an idea...arent you thinking of getting into somehting more your size lurch???

:fire:

#22 ·
Id kinda like a fightered zx14 if you could find a place to put all the shit under the plastic.

#26 ·
werd! that's sick!

i'd like to see that bike with the tail in hand hammered aluminum, and a hand formed aluminum tank cover. no paint, just bare aluminum.

#30 ·
and hammered aluminum, and a hand formed aluminum tank cover. no paint, just bare aluminum, who the hell would do such a thing......

#31 ·
thought Id bring this thread back from the graveyard :D

Just signed up on this forum solely to show you guys our GTR1400 fighter (i think you guys call it a c-14 over in the usa). Iv been meaning to sign up for ages as this is one of the few places where the concept has been discussed.

bought it crashed damaged for a couple grand, custom paint, zx14 akra system with shortened aprlilia racing akra muffler (just to throw people off when trying to identify the bike), she is a monster with the pipe,the variable cam timing and shorter gearing (than zx14) makes for a scary ride. it smokes the rear out of corners and leaves most bikes for dead from a set of lights. and the front headlight was graphted from a z750, the indicators are placed in where the z750 parker lights go. and a modified grabrail of a zx14 has been used to remove the huge OEM item that was also made to hold the touring bags.

best thing is, without the fairing she wieghs 85kgs less :D

here is a video of the bike winning an Australian National Drag Racing Association Event held at Western Sydney International Dragway last month.
the bike pretty much paid for itself with the prize money

and here are some pics for those keen for a closer look :)

For those wondering why we didnt put a buel shorty style seat on it and make the bike fully naked, it would have meant lots of time and money (which means less time riding it and less money for other bikes :D)
the tank is under the seat ala zx12r and zx14r. so you would have to craft your own tank and hide it either under the radiator or reshape and shoehorn it under the tiny seat.

PS: this bike is not mine, it is my old mans...
Im more of a two stroke builder haha currently building an 80rwhp/100kg KTM380 engined Cagiva Mito racebike.

The 1400 is currently for sale, but this is not the right place to discuss... so if anyone in Australia is keen you can either use a magnifying glass to get the numnber from the front cowl or shoot me a PM

#32 ·
oh and the plastic shrouds on the side of the tank are a combination of gtr1400 and zx14r... they were then welded together and painted up.... it looked real dodgy with the standard ones.

front fender is also trimmed to look sportier

still looking for a decent snorkel cover... we considered VMAX intakes but it didnt look right so weve just left it for now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.