Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked this up from a buddy for 850$ runs good but needs some tlc to make it street legal.

i have a 7 inch round headlight that i got for my ex500d but am thinking of throwing on this bike instead.

2 questions for you guys:
does that wrinkled black plastic on the forks do anything or is it ok to cut that off?
and anyone know where i could pick up some decent fork mount turn signals?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a D model ZX-6 to me.

I can't see the forks in your pictures, but they're probably there to protect the tubes from road debris. For the turn signals I'd check out eBay.

Post your pics through photobucket or another site like that. It's free, easy to use, and I can't click on the photos in your post lol.
i used imgur, i'll use photobucket next time. here's the pics from photobucket

in this pic you can see the black plastic i was talking about by the headlight, can i pull the forks and slide it off or is it used for anything important?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just cut the plastic off and throw it in the trash.....somebody has just put them on there thinking that it would look cool (it doesn't)
They are just gaiters meant to keep the forks clean and protected, but they've put them on the wrong area of the fork anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not much of an update but i got two of these brackets to mount the 7" round headlight on the forks, a lot bigger than i thought but it'll work just fine until i find/make something that looks better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts