Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· This Guy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so I got the bike and it was in pieces. Completely. My original plan was to put the bike together and sell it for a profit. Started to put it together and I knew i'd never be able to stick to the plan. I fell in love with the bike and decided to fighter it. So, got all of the mechanics together and started to decide where I wanted to go cosmetically. I made a couple of pieces to raise the tail, and because of that I "had" to make all custom bodywork lol If I were HEAVY into bikes I'd have made it more unique. However, I decided to leave the subframe untouched, and use those pieces I made to kick it up about 5". The belly pan was being held together by zip ties. So, I cut out some sheet metal mock ups so I fix that. It turned out fairly decent. Moved on from there to relocating the radiator cap, big whoop there lol I've been spending the last two weeks making the tail for it because I'm too cheap to buy one. it started off as just a tail for behind the seat, but now it's wrapping down the sides and meeting the bottom of the tank where the knee pads would be. It has a real stealth look when it's together. I fiberglassed that and am in the process of forming the bondo to get a good shape. you're now caught up on everything.

· This Guy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, bad news on the bike. The oil light kept coming on, so I looked in the Haynes book to see why and it said that a sleeve may be turned. Since that was done wrong on the previous owners rebuild you have to wonder what else he did wrong, so the best thing would be to rebuild the engine myself just so i know everything is in top shape. My dad really thinks I should off the bike or trade it. Your guys' thoughts?

· This Guy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, I figured since I may be getting rid of it I'm at least going to ride it once, so i took at a little ways down the road. Haha, I can't get rid of it yet.This thing was a beast. I'm definitely going to have to rig a way to mount some exhausts on it, because at higher RPM's there wasn't enough back pressure and it was spitting and sputtering a little. Plus, I finished the tail and mounted that. I'm trying to upload some pics, but my computer doesn't want to download them.

· This Guy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just out of curiousity, could I bug one of you photoshop experts into doing me a favor? If you can, I'd like to see the tail black, and the tank and belly pan a blood red. With the bondo making it multiple colors I don't know how difficult that would be, or if i'm just talking out my ass at this point lol

· This Guy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I figured. Man, so many things to get done, not enough time or money. Tomorrow, I have to go and pick up a transmission for a car I'm restoring, and sometime this week I have to put an engine in my girlfriend's dad's Fiero. But, at least that will bring some money back around. I think I'm going to have to get rid of this thing so I can get some money for college. So, one more question, what do you think a good asking price would be on it? There's nothing done to it that can't be undone since my original plan was to flip it anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.