Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to start another project this year so brought a low milage zx6r

And started removing all the plastics

Then I brought some fat tapered bars and some clamps which same as last time I drilled through the top yoke, flipped it upside down and filled it with resin, and put a plate on the back and bolted the clamps on, I fitted a braided line because the standard one was too short.

That's as far as I've got next up is a headlight and mirrors, pics to follow

·
Registered
136 Posts
Always interesting to see Fightered ZX series bikes.

Have you ridden it yet? If not you might not have noticed the mega-issue you'll find at 40mph and if that's the case give me a shout and I'll help you fix it (fairly easy to do).

PM sent btw

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate I fitted some pipes onto the t pieces between each carb and ran them up into the air box underneath the filter it ran fine for a few days but now it cuts out when it come to a stop any idea why? Cheers!

·
Registered
136 Posts
You want them running from the clean side of the filter really mate.

And it could be that your mixtures aren't right now because of the change.
Either that, or using them on the dirty side of the filter might have blocked something

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ahhh. A good old 6r build. I sure do miss the hell out of mine. Get that ram air issue fixed and you'll be golden. Like Steve said, run the tubes into the clean side of the air box. Make sure you push some mesh or something over the ram air ports on the frame to prevent stuff from getting in there as well. Best of luck on the build!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Personally mate, I'd recommend that you eliminate the EGR (not a true EGR by definition but still...) on the cylinder head. Then you can use the carb-balancer pipe, the piece from the EGR, and an elbow connector to run a big line straight round the outside and into the airbox lid.

You'd obviously need that plastic pipe that connects to the carb breathers and comes out the right hand side to be able to do that though

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Found the problem tonight, noticed it was cutting out when I turned the bars right, it was the choke cable pulling tight so i gave it some more slack and it solved the problem :)
Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.