Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had an old thread but since i headed a totally different direction i'm gonna ditch it and start a new one.

so heres what i started with...

i ended up welding and fixing some shit and painting it white. but about mid summer last year i started having problems popping out of second gear so it became time for an overhaul.

so i decided that i hated all the polished frame and components and that while i had the motor out i would paint everything.

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i got it all torn down and cleaned for about 2 days to get all the road grime from all the nook n crannies

after pulling the motor open i found that 2nd gear shift fork was bent and worn so i purchased a whole new tranny and replaced it

also while tearing down i found this nice bonus, a factory pro ign advancer :)
so i read some forums and set it a +2degrees

got the engine all back together and started painting some covers and what not

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i painted all my suspension lime green, engine covers and radiator. i forgot to take pics of them but i will get a good pic of it all together. also i decided to go to a 04 636 subframe cause i love the look of the taillight... and i found it took minimal modification, all i had to do was cut the top mounts off, shorten them a bit and move them inward. everything else fits fine.
heres a few pics to display what im talking about

i cut off the top mounts at the front cross bar

took a measurement of the stock peg mount height from my swinger with the stock sub frame and matched that measurement up with the new frame bolted up

cut the top mounts to length

and had them welded back on to the sub frame at a welding shop, just took the whole bike, positioned the sub frame where i wanted it and he welded it up for me

so heres a pic with the plastics just sitting on it i will post more pics of the weld and finished products

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so heres some close up pics of the subframe welds and what i did

got it all painted black

i mounted it up and started trimming on the stock zx7 batt box tray

motors back in the frame now

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres a pic of the front suspension, havent painted the calipers yet, prolly paint them black

heres a better pic of the batt tray, im going to have to change to a smaller battery to fit under the seat

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
very nicework so far

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
started fitting the tail on, had to move ecm under rear seat

heres how it looks with seat and tank, theres a small gap between the front seat and the tank, i might just make something to attach to the tank like a piece of foam or something

more pics soon

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
LOVE the black and green! Thats gonna look sick! :skully:

·
est.1979
858 Posts
Nice Kawi man! And that green definitely makes for a head turner.

·
Slow Ass Mutherfucker
385 Posts
Gotta admit, I like the tail a lot. I am not usually a fan of green, but this looks good. Nice work so far!

J

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Some updates while you're at it?

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok sorry its been like 2 years for updates lol, had to pull the swingarm back off so i could put my endless chain back on :doh:. so i painted the new headlight bucket, painted and installed the rear sets so i could fit the exhaust.

thats the front ring of the headlight, i decided to repaint it white...

·
MECHANIC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just finished putting the chain on

mocked up the exhaust and it was about 4 inches short of the mount, so i drilled the rivets out of the ends and flipped the can around to move the offset of the mount, cut & paste and now it's a shortie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts