Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Noob here with my first streetfighter build the basis will be around a zx7r engine and frame but I have some zx10r parts to add ... I will let the pictures do the talking and explain along the way.

managed to get 7r engine on the cheap, so gave it a full strip down and rebuild and painted it

next up was the frame also got this ridiculously cheap, started but smoothing off the fairing mounts I wasn't going to need and the tried to get the ram air inlets smooth with the frame, think they turned out well... than again gave it a lick of paint

then next up was the swingarm, this is off a 2005 zx10r striped it down cleaned it and painted ect, sent the rear mudguard and chain guard and some of the engine covers off to be flocked should be back next week :)

then a rear shock of a 2009 zx10r, its not following my black scheme but I quite like it , tempted to paint the spring though.

then a zx10r 2008 rear wheel, real bargain! came with the tyre and wavy disc for less than the price of a new rear tyre ! I then added a supersprox rear sprocket as I love em :)

also picked up a R6 race seat

and some KYB zx10r 2009 front forks in all black ! a propa treat.

hopefully by the end of the week a few more parts will be here and it will be a rolling shell.

Thanks for looking

Ali

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice start

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

been seriously slacking over about the last month, and it took me 3 weeks to get the yoke to work, then I got the dog bones too short. but finally I got the engine in the frame , the "05 swingarm fitted in with some spacers and the "09 forks up front. the dog links are currently way to long and this swingarme is about 1.5" longer than standard and the "07 shock is 1"shorter than the standard. the sump bolts currently sits only about 32 off the floor.

I spent today fitting some other parts including the pieces I had flocked ! which I think is amazing ! the photos don't do them justice and the texture is that of velvet !

Thanks

Ali

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
could you post the dimensions of your spacers and dogbones to get the 10r swingarm to work? I've got a 7r too, and I think the swingarm is pretty ugly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the information in this link and the diagram to get my spacers made up.
dog bones im not sure on the perfect size yet , the ones in that photo are Zx10 standard fair, I will probably be trying about 145mm next.

http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=47210z

your build is looking good!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
damm its lookin awesom mate,got any better pics of tha paint?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
due to criticism of my poor photography skills I went in search of the settings on my camera and some sunlight ! lol

I hope these are better,

let me know what you think, the tank is coming this week so I can start that, and the carbs need a clean and rebuilt so that's this weeks task.

Ali

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
looking awsome all in black love the forks.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Loving the overall look. Curious what made you go with flocking? I like the color contrast of it but I'd have to see it in person to decide on the texture

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the texture of the flock is the main reason I decided on it and it makes the plack plastic of the hugger ect look more classy not just black plastic , It is pretty much like velvet ... I just wanted to try a few things out experiment a little see what works and what doesn't. that's the main point of this build, piss around and try some things out that iv been thinking off for a while, I was going to flock the wheels lol.

the tank is going to be a bit different as well so wait out on that!

Ali

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
Thanks man. I will be scouring the web for an 05 swinger and 10R wheels to match... that will probably be next year's project.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mini update

cleaned and rebuilt the carbs, they weren't in a bad way just a few knocks.and then I got started on the tank.

first I striped the paint for a fresh start

then I gave a coat of hammerite and started layering it up with comic strip cut outs lol, not to everyones taste I know , but iv wanted to do it for a while, hopefully if my lacquer gets here I will start building up the layers next week.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts