Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few trades I ended up with a 97 zx7r that was wrecked a long time ago and made into a fighter. After getting the bike home I realized there were some things wrong with it.
The speedometer was not right cause it had been re geared, chain and sprockets were shot, hydraulic clutch doesn't disengage very well when the bike is cold, grips are worn out, front brakes are warped, carbs were recently cleaned but feels like they could be cleaned and synced, and the tires are shot.

I recently got rid of my wr450 supermoto and was missing a wheelie machine so I am making this it's replacement. I'm hoping a -1+6 sprocket kit will do it.

So I ordered a -1+6 chain and sprocket kit, a trailtech vapor speedo/tach, new brake rotors and EBC pads, battlax s20 evo tires, driven grips, some ebay levers and other little parts.

Does anybody know how to fix the clutch problem I'm having? I've been trying to bleed it but after hours and hours I just can't get all of the air out of the system

I wanted to document the revamp of this bike.

·
Registered
956 Posts
-1 +6 should definitely liven things up a bit! Im looking for a 600 or 750 ninja to do the same gearing too so you will have to let me know on what its like with that gearing!

bike looks good and soon as you fix the problems youv stated you will have yourself a proper awesome fighter!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been trying to bleed it but after hours and hours I just can't get all of the air out of the system
Assuming you are manually bleeding, I used to have similar problems with a couple of RC51s. I ended up getting a pressure bleeder that would let me push fluid through the clutch fluid reservoir and that seemed to solve the issue of getting air out. If that is not an option, I have a couple of friends who swear by teflon tape on the threads of the bleeder valves to block air from being reintroduced to the system when manually bleeding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'll let everybody know how the hearing works out. I have tried vacuum bleeding the clutch I think the master cylinder is bad letting air back into the system. I'm moving to Washington pa this weekend, gotta love oil and gas I've been all over. Hit me up if your close.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey,
I had a similar problem on my ZX7R!
I think you should check around the clutch / clutch receptor if there's any leak.
My problem was from the clutch receptor, which was leaking... there's a small rubber seal inside and when it's worn it may cause issues with the clutch line and master cylinder.

Hope it will help!

(edit) If you want I got the service manual (pdf) ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the vapor mounted, levers mounted, and ram mount mounted. Waiting on some large allens to remove the front wheel in order to install the brakes and new tires. I'm going to order the whole clutch hydraulic system and plates and springs just so I am sure it will work.

I realized I hate the headlightand would like to move to something different. WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD LOOK GOOD IN TERMS OF A HEADLIGHT?

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
I got the vapor mounted, levers mounted, and ram mount mounted. Waiting on some large allens to remove the front wheel in order to install the brakes and new tires. I'm going to order the whole clutch hydraulic system and plates and springs just so I am sure it will work.

I realized I hate the headlightand would like to move to something different. WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD LOOK GOOD IN TERMS OF A HEADLIGHT?
Everything looks great. I like the headlight. I think it goes well with the rest of the bike, but would look great if it's closer to the forks. If you put some fork brackets on there mount the light there it would look awesome.

As for another headlight maybe an urban, but there's a ton of people out there with them. Maybe another OEM light i.e. Z1000, V Rod light, even a KDX headlight (That's one I'd like to get for another project) Lots of options out there except for cheap aftermarket junk lol.

Nice GSX-R btw.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys I have officially lost interest in the bike and now want a track bike... If anybody is interested it is for sale $1500 I'm in the Washington PA area. (610)551-1076

1 - 10 of 10 Posts