Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my Kawasaki Ninja I was showing off and ended up destroying all my fairings. Streetfighters have always been a big interest for me before I bought my Kawasaki.. The bike that really got me into this style was the Triumph Street Triple R so I just got hooked.

Here is the picture of my bike

And this is my chopped up picture I designed with GIMP (pretty good free program you can download)

Rough idea of what I'm planning to do. The color is completely up in the air not positive on what I want to do with it.

Here is the light I ordered for the front.. I don't think its DOT approved but.. Whatever

I'll add some pictures once my light arrives in the mail and I throw it on... get a better idea of what I got to do..

I'm guessing i'll have to remove my gauges in order to get my Acerbis light on correct?

·
Playing Pelvic Penuckle!
2,572 Posts

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't wait till my Acerbis unit comes in so I can cover all this crap in the front....

Bell bicycle mirrors I bought from Wal-mart.. secured with.. lockwire hahaha..

So I got this gas tank dent and a frame dent under it.. just my luck.... I'll have fun pulling that out..

My fender elimination job... I lockwired my license plate to my frame!... haha I need to get an undertail.

I'm painting the entire bike white! :D

While I was in the garage doing work.. this is my fathers airplane project..

wingsss

·
frequent crasher
98 Posts
A barely visible plate is a "cheaper" way to ride a bike as is should be ridden where i come from, at least when a police car is behind you :wheelie:

·
327 Posts
nice to see another zx7! shoot me a pm if you're interested in some dirty bars. i got a pair of renthals mounted to a drilled zx7 upper triple and the correct length stainless braided brake and clutch lines to go with it. ck my build for pics. also getting rid of that whole M4 exhaust!

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like my new reservoir tank :D

Soo issue here... how do I wire this new headlight on? I searched a bit but didn't really understand the instructions.. Want to hear from someone who has actual done it.

Here's what I have to work with..I'm going to keep trying to work with it... I almost had it yesterday but my battery died in the process.

This is my new headlight unit I want to install.. it has 2 wires coming from each light... no colors

Now I need to figure out how to connect those 4 wires to this..

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found this.. If someone can tell me how this would go with my unit that would be awesome. I think i'm getting a good idea of it now. Just a bit confusing

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah I just got the wires now.. i got rid of the plug end on the bike. Still have the plug on my original headlights. But I think I might've blown something. I wired up my headlights and they were working but I must've added a wire too much because my rear signal lights stayed on solid. So I had to disconnect all my wiring.. I tinkered with it a bit more after that. And now my wires infront won't work at all. My horn doesn't even go off. I hooked up a meter to check if it gave off power and it did on two wires.. ..wtf?

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
Check the fuses, remember one hot one ground. On the headlights one hot for hi, one hot for low, and the ground. From the pics of the headlight your trying to use looks like low beam only?

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check the fuses, remember one hot one ground. On the headlights one hot for hi, one hot for low, and the ground. From the pics of the headlight your trying to use looks like low beam only?
One of them is a high beam.. but I guess i'll check this fuses.. this is all pissing me off.. lol

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
One of them is a high beam.. but I guess i'll check this fuses.. this is all pissing me off.. lol
I realize that one is the high beam, but both lights share common wiring. Did you run the headlight and tail light off the same circuit? Did you unhook a ground wire somewhere? If need be walk away from it for a few minutes.

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I realize that one is the high beam, but both lights share common wiring. Did you run the headlight and tail light off the same circuit? Did you unhook a ground wire somewhere? If need be walk away from it for a few minutes.

I haven't touched the taillight circuit.. I just unplugged the stock headlight from the bike and those are the 6 wires i'm working with currently. 2 of those wires are for turn signals, i've figured out that's why my wiring was messed the first time I tried running it.

Something must've happened to the fuses while I was messing with it.

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
Try this the: bk/y is ground, r/y is hot to the 2 wires in the new headlight but only wire on light to see if you have power.

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Try this the: bk/y is ground, r/y is hot to the 2 wires in the new headlight but only wire on light to see if you have power.

I bought some new fuses and I will try this

EDIT: Turns out fuses were the culprit :D

·
<3 Kawasaki
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Brown and black gave me power with 2 wires hooked onto bk/y for ground. But with bk/y as a ground r/y didn't give me power.

I left bk/y as ground for my two turn signals, and my headlight. I got my headlight to work with brown/black, and my signal to work also with green and grey.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts