Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone here on customfighters:)...... this is my first post on here, iv'e currently purchased zx9r c2 which had no firings but thats what i was after.. recently have installed a 40mm jack up kit and have pushed the front forks down through the yokes to raise the bike.. As the title says... what is the best suspension setup for a raised/jacked up zx9r??? At the minute the bike corners pretty well but is twitchy under acceleration... Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to a good setup??
Many thanks cutchee...
Any info well be much appreciated...

Photos to follow...

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
I have my forks set that way and its also twichy mate .actuly it was twichy at tha normal height.Aint alterd me rearsuspension tho .

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
word to tha wise',keep up tha maintenance on them 6 potters mate !

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sharp looking bike bro.

If it's twitchy on hard acceleration you might want to turn in the damping screw on your rear shock a bit. Also, how much sag do you get when you sit on the bike? I think 30-40mm or so is ideal...if the preload is too firm it can have a nervous feel to it.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Cheers Robsroadeater.. next inline is braided lines, and a good inspection of the calipers.. Is there anything in-particular i should be looking out for? to keep up good maintenance..

Those six pots seem to get dirt into the seals easily. When the dirt gets in there they either seize up or leak. Keep 'en clean and they work great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sharp looking bike bro.

If it's twitchy on hard acceleration you might want to turn in the damping screw on your rear shock a bit. Also, how much sag do you get when you sit on the bike? I think 30-40mm or so is ideal...if the preload is too firm it can have a nervous feel to it.
Well Razed1... I'm thinking here is it best to measure the sag from the the tip of the rear tail unit to the ground? Sit on the bike and get a buddy to measure it??
I have noticed there's not a lot of sag at all when i sit on the bike but will get back to you on this when i get it measured.. Thanks Man..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty much it. You'll want a helper. The quick and dirty way is to tip the bike up on the kickstand to fully unload the rear suspension, and measure from the rear axle vertically to the tail. Put a little dot with a sharpie or grease pen to mark this location. Then put the bike down and sit on it, and have someone measure this again. 30-40mm is in the ball park for street riding. 30mm is on the "sportier" side, and 40 would be on the more "comfort" side. Adjust the spring preload accordingly, and as with all suspension adjustments, it's ultimately trial and error until you like how it feels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts