engine painting. quick and easy. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Paint and Bodywork Anything to do with fabricating bodywork, composites, prep and paint work goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > engine painting. quick and easy.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
seamussam
Doctor
Senior Fighterer
seamussam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 9 Times in 5 Posts
seamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of light
Default engine painting. quick and easy.

finally got back to working on my bike! its a good feeling.
so heres a little DIY post on painting an engine. it doesnt cost much at all to make your oldschool engine look sexy.

the MOST important thing you need to do, is make sure the engine is clean. theres plenty of little corners for oil and grime to hide. i spent more time sand blasting than anything else (some people say its not a good idea to sand blast an engine, but i had no problems. just make sure theres nowhere for the sand to get into the engine).
after blasting, i gave everything awipe over with a bit of acetone to get rid of the fine layer of dust that was still there.
from there, its time to paint. lots of light coats. get yourself some high temp engine paint. i used VHT primer and finished with a saturn black.

you may also notice i did this in an open area. (not a good idea for painting. but its all i have at the moment).

seamussam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
seamussam
Doctor
Senior Fighterer
seamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of lightseamussam is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: engine painting. quick and easy.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
seamussam
Doctor
Senior Fighterer

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
seamussam
Doctor
Senior Fighterer

ok, so the covers i had on the engine when i was painting, where old fucked ones.
to finish it all off, i throw them away and put my nice shiny polished ones on. then put my stainless screws in.

and also shave the fins.
ill get a better photo of the final product tomorrow. but for now, the pics off my camera should be enough.
These people High Fived seamussam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
seamussam
Doctor
Senior Fighterer

already had the finished photo.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
JRK5892
Fighterer
JRK5892's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
JRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of lightJRK5892 is a glorious beacon of light

looks great man!
JRK5892 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
Milimande
Never Seen, Never Heard
Fighterer
Milimande's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Milimande is really niceMilimande is really niceMilimande is really niceMilimande is really niceMilimande is really niceMilimande is really niceMilimande is really nice

i wanna do that to mine

650r.....Yes Please!!!

"Its not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share, you family, your friends, your community, these are the most important thing a man can have."

"Lifes short and hard like a bodybuilding elf"
Milimande is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Milimande!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
TlRumbler
the duce that got away
Senior Fighterer
TlRumbler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:33 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 5 Times in 4 Posts
TlRumbler is a glorious beacon of lightTlRumbler is a glorious beacon of lightTlRumbler is a glorious beacon of lightTlRumbler is a glorious beacon of lightTlRumbler is a glorious beacon of lightTlRumbler is a glorious beacon of lightTlRumbler is a glorious beacon of lightTlRumbler is a glorious beacon of light

nice looking motor, love how easy it is to make air cooled engines look great just by shaving the fins!
i might have tried to do the ohc where its raised too, but thats not seen much soooo
TlRumbler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
seamussam
Doctor
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TlRumbler View Post
nice looking motor, love how easy it is to make air cooled engines look great just by shaving the fins!
i might have tried to do the ohc where its raised too, but thats not seen much soooo
i had thought about doing it, and might end up doing it one day.
thanks man
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
seamussam
Doctor
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milimande View Post
i wanna do that to mine
do it!! doesnt take too long, its easy and it'll make the bike look 10x cleaner!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Paint and Bodywork