HRC seat pad
Uni pod filters
Factory Pro 3.0 Jet kit.

Things that need to be purchased.

Blinkers
Tires
Mirrors
Small stuff.

Bought the bike for 250. After selling off parts I took off, and buying other parts Im alittle over 2k.

PICTURES

MORE PROGRESS SHOTS

MORE PROGRESS SHOTS

See less See more
#3 ·
Well her is my wifes new bike. I am unsure if she is going to want to fighter it or go full fairing. Time will tell. Currently the inside of the gas tank is rusty from sitting for so many years, and Im going to replace the fuel lines as a preventive measure. Clean the carbs, however just pouring gas in the carbs and she runs. Aside from the normal changing of the fluids and what Ive mentioned, current plans right now are front end swap (00 or newer USD) and a new sub/tail. Bike already has the 900 cbr rear shock swap. Well pictures, sorry about the shot of my ass.

I hope to have it rideable with the new front/sub/tail by xmas time, but funds will dictate that.

Cool another Hawk!!!
The tanks will do that on hawks and you cant get one from the factory anymore so clean yours up and "CREAM" it.
I see someone also removed the airbox and you are running filters.."uni" or "K&N"??? and as there is a Muzzy pipe I would open up the carbs and make sure these a jet kit installed.

Keep us posted on your progress

#4 ·
You are correct, It has Uni's but they seem to have seen better days, have k&n pods on the way. Yes its a muzzy pipe. And It does have a jet kit installed. I was looking around at the tank repair methods, and by the time I fix It i could do the common f2/f3 tank swap for the same price. So Ill be doing that route. Emailed the guys at today to pick up some stuff:

http://www.hiperform.com/

gonna pick up the subframe, batterybox, tail, res mount, seat pad, and possibly the undertail exhaust, just waiting for them to get back to me on a shipping quote. Additionally I think the wife wants this front upper and lower, Im letting her pick everything out.

Tray thanks man. Craigslist rocks, talk about 250 bucks well spent :D

#5 ·
Im familar with Rod @ hiperform, he has nice stuff but it a bit pricey. he live A couple blocks from me.

If you can.. Stop the order for the K&N's and buy UNI's they have been proven to flow better for this bike.

Check this guy out for a front end, a good man is hard to find on ebay. he good
http://stores.ebay.com/allpowersports_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
As far as USD forks 600RR,F4i,F2,F3,954,929,RC51 and some Gsxr but im not sure which years.

And for the best Hawk info on the web...... http://www.hawkgtforum.com/

#6 ·
Thanks for all the info man. Im looking locally first for the tank and front end so I dont have to pay stupid shipping prices.
Edit... Rod got back with me and its looking like ill order everything from him :D

So stick with the uni filters...I just tossed the old ones in the trash. Buddy of mine was price checking the k&n's he owes me some cash and he was just gonna take it off his tab, Ill consider just getting a new set of uni's.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for the advice. I guess the part numbers I had for the K&N's didnt match, so ill just get another set of uni's. I talked with Rod today and ended up ordering:

underseat exhaust
subframe
res mount
seat pad
battery box
tail

Yes the total was spendy, however I am hoping to have this done by xmas, and with my schedule now I dont have the time to re-invent the wheel and do things myself to save a few bucks. Rod was a really cool guy talked to him about 10 min or so, and he said to call him if I ever have any other questions. I will probably dig into the carbs later this week. Im still trying to find a f2/f3 gas tank locally, and a complete front end. The people that had them either wanted to sell the whole bike, or had conventional forks. Will post updates as parts start coming in.

#9 ·
Cool dude. your wife will love it. I would advise YOU not to go ride it in the twisties, or you will love it too and your wife will have to fight you for it...And that sucks getting beat up for a Motorcycle by your wife!!!:LolLolLolLol:

Keep us posted:knucks:

#10 ·
To be honest I have yet to take this one for a ride. they only come stock with 45ish HP, from what ive read you can attain 90ish for around 1k. I wasnt concerned about intial HP as this is my wifes first bike, 45hp should be plenty. The reason I bought it is the amount of potential these bikes have. My intial goal of staying under 2k total might have to get changed around, still tossing the idea around about getting the frame and swinger, and what not powdercoated.

#15 ·
thats bad ass

Yeah i thought the same thing. The wife kinda cringed at the 850 price tag (200 shipping) Buying large stuff from europe sucks.

This includes the headlight and all mounting hardware. it also has blinkers built into the headlights. Since Im not one to hog ideas, here is the link.

edit, dont know why the link isnt working, google "Tyga body work" should be the first link

Only reason I posted is i figure alot of guys might like the headlight, since most of you dont dig fairings. I was going to get a rc45 setup, but i was told they are alittle wider then the hawk likes, and stick with nc30 stuff as they are more narrow. Like I said I probably wont have the extra cash untill feburarish, but thats what I plan on doing, and maybe stick that single round on my gixxer.

#16 ·
its kool, but why?
Because Im building the bike for my wife, and thats what she wanted. I stumbled across the fairing and was like " hey babe, you like this better or naked" she said she wanted the fairings. There were a few other fairings we were looking at, but were told by the hawk gurus stick with rvf400 stuff becuase its not as wide and looks alot better on the hawk. It will probably be a fighter for a month or two after its all together while I wait for funds to pick up the fairings, and who knows she might end up liking it naked. (another reason im waiting)

#19 ·
Awesome, i figured people would like the few headlight they have more than anything, but im glad you found the link useful. From the review of their body work, its mixed in terms of quality, personally it sounds like another other "race fiberglass" reviews that ive read about. It will probably be alittle thin, and wavy.

#20 ·
hey sanity, did you post the fairings in another thread or did my posts just get deleted? or am i just effing crazy? :nuts:

#22 ·
oh ok i thought i was goin fuckin crazy

#26 ·
Well probably picking up some harris adjustable rearsets tomarrow for the hawk. Exhaust and battery box should be here tomarrow or tuesday, so Ill get some progress pictures to post. I still need to order some clip-ons before I hack into the front of the harness. Probably going to get another set of gilles gp light clip ons, I already have a extra set of bar end mirrors, and bar ends that fit these clip ons. The front body work will have to wait awhile, and I will still need to find a way to mount that single headlight to the 954 front.

#27 ·
Well heres a shot of the exhaust pretty much mounted up. Just need to make the mount to hold the rear in place. The tank is off getting an acid bath, and then the POR 15 treatment. I still have alot of work ahead of me on this one, and need to purchase some more stuff.

#28 ·
nice!!

maaaaaan i want another hawk. very entertaining bike, but not so fast that i'll be in trouble every 10 minutes, that's what i need!

#30 ·
mind if i ask how much that pipe set you back? i was looking at those back when i had my last hawk, but never got a price on it.

#35 ·
well, compared to the STUPID prices of the american twin parts i deal with all day, that's not that bad i guess. i have seen all that stuff in person though, and it's really nice quality. that subframe though, seems a bit steep, considering there's virtually nothing to it. guess everyone's got to make a buck somehow.

bike's coming along really nice. aesthetically, you're doing all the stuff to it that i wanted to do to mine, but i spent my wad in the motor, lol. can't wait to see that thing all buttoned up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.