Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi buddy,

Could you send me the plans of your table? This is amazing!!!

Regards,

Pedro

Couple of shots of the initial mock up:

The Torin Air Over Hydraulic 8 Ton Ram. This is what gets the bike from the ground to the working height in 10-15 secongs:

This is the lockout mechanism that holds the lift up at 2.5' & 3.0'. It works really well too. No danger of this thing coming down and someone losing a limb. The beauty of it is that it collapses out of the way when the lift is at rest height:

Air Release Handle:

Rolling Framework. Front tie down hooks added:

3/16" Plate steel top welded in place:

Painted Up and Ready for Work:

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
120 Posts
i almost copied this table and it is a great tool! i did minor changes to locking mechanism, cylinder mount, mounted the lift arms on top of the bottom frame instead of inside for added strength. and axles through the whole table on upper lift points. i used bushings in all the lifting points. posting some pictures to share my changes.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
What was cost of materials

I figure it would cost around alot I've been trying to look around on job sites for scrap with no luck
how much is 50 feet of sprinkler pipe and some sheet metal?

·
Registered
120 Posts
What was cost of materials

I figure it would cost around alot I've been trying to look around on job sites for scrap with no luck
mine was about 800 usd but that includes shipping a cylinder from usa to norway plus all costs are alot higher here. from what i see on ebay i would guess you could build one in the states for half of that?

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
With the materials he used, here in the states, 60' of 3/16 2x2 will run you close to $200. A 4x8 sheet of 3/16 (even though you only need half, maybe you could split it with someone) is about $250. The ram I believe is about $60 and then various nuts and bolts, welding wire etc etc id say your looking at close to $600 in materials alone.
And before anyone says it, sure the harbor freight one is cheaper but it is no where near the quality as the table he built here with the heavy duty materials.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i almost copied this table and it is a great tool! i did minor changes to locking mechanism, cylinder mount, mounted the lift arms on top of the bottom frame instead of inside for added strength. and axles through the whole table on upper lift points. i used bushings in all the lifting points. posting some pictures to share my changes.
Nice work. Always nice to see other fab work. What was your train of thought behind the cylinder mount? Seems like the ram needs to go a long way out for the table to reach working height. How long does it take for the ram to take the table from floor to operating height? Nice Job!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice work. Always nice to see other fab work. What was your train of thought behind the cylinder mount? Seems like the ram needs to go a long way out for the table to reach working height. How long does it take for the ram to take the table from floor to operating height? Nice Job!
i just thought that being able to use the whole length and have the liftarm mount close the middle of the liftarm would give me more momentum and less stress on mounts etc. and i dont have to remember stopping it at the right time :) the angle of the cylinder is more in the lift direction when you start from bottom as well, less forces pulling wrong direction. probably doesnt matter though :) i think from bottom to top height takes 50-60 seconds.
Thank you for making this thread!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't really have any plans I can just post up. Just a lot of graph paper with chicken scratch calculations. If there are specific measurements or info you want - let me know.
The bar that the base of the jack mounts to. what is the mearsurment of where to place it, and how long or what is the jack dimension.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts