Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Jackstands 00 SV650

55K views 121 replies 38 participants last post by  suzifighter 
#1 · (Edited)
I just picked this beautiful 2000 Suzuki SV650 up today for $1500. Its got alot done to it already and only 10,622 on the odometer. Heres a couple pics:

The first pic is after I took the previous owners slip on off and put my carbon fiber shorty on instead. I think it looks way better and plus I built it myself. The only thing wrong with it is it needs to have a new speed sensor installed but I have one the seller gave me along with the stock clip ons and a complete wiring harness. It rides awesome, and I'm happy to finally have a new bike.

This bike came with:

-Renthal dirty bars
-Mini front signals
-Brand new factory Suzuki replacement gas tank(from Suzuki)
-Vortex gas cap
-Vortex rearsets
-New chain, front and rear sprocket
-K&N filter
-Brand new Shinko tires
-Integrated rear signals
-Fender eliminator kit
-New cam chain guides
-New battery

Etc Etc

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice!

I really like the SV's and I'm a little envious of your find.

You can't get them for anything less then $3000 out here in Ontario.

This is me... hating your luck.

:2up:

Great find!

Sympul

#9 ·
I think the frames are so sexy on the SV.

Reactions: CK 187 and ROBBO
#17 ·
Congrats on the purchase, sounds like a great deal. I think you deserve a good runner this time.
I think it would look much better if all the body was 1 color, just my opinion.
Thanks for posting pics, its kinda slow around here and I've been riding too much to tear anything off my ride.
What do you think of the ride? All of my bikes have been I-4s.
cool looking pegs, I'm watching for updates.

#18 ·
Thanks Craz, I actually like the color displacement. I dont think I could do an all red bike. So far it rides great. Ive had a parallel twin and an inline 4 before this V twin. I hear these V twins are tough as nails and I'm hoping the hype is true to form. Sorry about the cold weather, but a noreaster just began to hit here so you got a Brother in misery in me.

#20 ·
i have seen some 1st gen sv650s with well over 50k miles on them and still running strong, so you should have nothing to worry about

on a side note, the bike looks great, except that ugly ass exhaust clamp, you should do something about that when you have a chance

#26 ·
which one? they're both hideous. the exhaust hanger clamp and the one that mates the can to the midpipe.

#22 ·
Great start, you already have a bunch of good parts on that thing.

A few suggestions that will improve the reliability and performance a little.

Do the RR mod, see the thread I did on it HERE. First post has a link to the original thread that contains the parts needed and more info as well. This mod makes a huge difference in the bikes electrical system reliability, I highly recommend doing it.

Shim the carb needles. You won't need to rejet for this but since you have the exhaust you might want to think about rejetting anyhow. Page is here, pics will take forever and a day to load.

Swap the rear shock for a 2005/2006 ZX6R unit. Stock SV and the 636 shocks are the same length, only thing you need to do is space the battery box down some or make a new one somehow. I spaced mine down and it works fie like that. You can pick up the 636 shock for around $40 on ebay.

Spend some time HERE. Become a member of the forum if you aren't already. Best place there is for good info on the SV.

#25 ·
where did you take that pic in front of the monument?

I think it is in yorktown, if so im from there.... i just moved to richmond though. The parkway is a fun ride

#30 ·
Interesting. I'll have to look into it further. Conventional wisdom has upgrading the R/R right up there with the APE manual CCT as a default preventive maintenance measure for buyers of used CBRs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.