Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 415 Posts

·
Tha Killa K
1,555 Posts
I havent been on there in ages, not a great loss lol. I hang out here mainly and a bit on gpzzone, KZrider, as well as 750turbo.com

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I was supposed to get my motor back this weekend. All ready to bolt her in. Got a little nervous because the motor guy didnt call. I gave him a ring........broke a piston ring installing the pistons. New ring on order, pushes everything back another week!!!:doh:

Well, I had to do something. The triple trees arrived in Florida today. The guy who built my swingarm is doing the stem swap. So I mocked up my front end. Landed a 636 fender on ebay for 15.00, gave it the ctluba flat black specail and bolted it up...mean lookin!! Then I mocked up my head lamps and I am going to use my stock guages also. Everybody usually goes to small digital guages when they bolt up a new front end. I figured it would be unique to stay with the stock cluster and I also like having all the indicator lights (neutral, oil, high bean, signals) and it is just plug and play!!

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Got the motor back and mounted up. Just waiting on the steering stem and triple before I can button this thing up. Cant start her to see if the carbs will work out until I get the front end squared away. Well, I could probably start it, but would be a pain in the ass.

826 big bore kit, CB900F cams, GSXR 36mm carbs, new cam chain tensioner, gaskets and seals and other odds and ends.

:shocker:

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
That is fucking AWESOME!! :knucks:

Can't wait to see it all back together! Gonna be a badass machine when it's done. :shocker:

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
motor looks all nice and shiny, i wish i could say the same for mine. it currently leaks oil like it has no gaskets at all!

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Thanx guys. Hopefully will be all together next weekend and will post pics and vid!!:rock:

Reactions: RatFighter

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
The mail lady pulled up and had a box for me today and she said "why are you crying sir". Well miss, I have been waiting for that box, now I can put that pile of parts in the garage back together, its actually a motorcycle. Yes, my triple with swapped stem arrived today. I spent the night putting it all back together. The all balls bearings pressed on to the stem pretty easily and bolted up to the steering neck easliy also. Taking care of all the odds and ends, putting the battery in, making fuel lines, hanging the guages and lights etc etc etc took the most time. I couldnt wait to take it off the stand and check ground clearance. It looked pretty good, not low at all, so I cant wait until the first shake out spin to check handling!!But now that it is 11:00pm and the kids are in bed, I cant try and start her up. Tomorrow moring I have to go to a first communion of a buddies kid and then off to work for 3:00pm. Then Sunday is mothers day and work in the afternoon again.

I wont get to try and fire her up until Monday!!!! :cry:

So I figured I would post some pics anyway. The front end went togther perfectly. The lights and guages also worked out. I will have to make some brackets for the front signals, Beside that I am pretty much done. Unless the carbs need tuning. And yes, the clip ons sure seem low under the top triple. After some riding I will decide if I am going to stay with them or change to risers and MX bars. :D

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Couple of daylight photos.

Fired her up today, sounds great, carbs need tune / synch / adjustment, but minor details.

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
first off nice bike man. way to take an older bike and completely make it into some evil. my 2 cents though is to lose the dual headlights. i feel those with the stock gauges is too much. pardon my photochop but i feel the single of this size would clean it up. love you r bike bro mad props.

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Thanx guys.

I do have the stock lamp and bucket so who knows. I may switch back to the single lamp. For now I just want to get the thing on the road. Still some detail work to do, signals, carb tune etc, but almost done.:D

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Ok, Took a little spin. Clip ons are way too low. I need to find some 7/8" bar clamps that I can drill the top triple and mount. Anybody point me in the right direction?? Google has been runnin me around to mostly clamps and risers that are for the fat bars and bolt to the old clamps. I have to drill mine. I will then go with some type of super bike bar set up.

Thanx for any help.:D

Reactions: RatFighter

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Ok, Took a little spin. Clip ons are way too low. I need to find some 7/8" bar clamps that I can drill the top triple and mount. Anybody point me in the right direction?? Google has been runnin me around to mostly clamps and risers that are for the fat bars and bolt to the old clamps. I have to drill mine. I will then go with some type of super bike bar set up.

Thanx for any help.:D

Yamaha risers. A quick search on ebay brings back a good amount of risers for them with the retaining nuts and the length of them works well. I personally run them on all my builds, they are strong, well constructed, and the XS series risers look great with 6mm allen hardware.

Layed back:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Y...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb43fe736

These are not cheap, risers on risers for added height and comfort:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Y...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5c757b0e

Been running this style forever:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b6e154f9

As for bars, you could always follow my route and buy from Fly-n-Cycle. They have an awesome deal on parts such as headlights and bars. These are the shit! And you can trim them down to be 29" wide, but they start as 33". ;)

http://www.flyncycle.com/MX_HANDLE_BARS_p/barsb.htm

Maybe I'm going against the grain here, but I LOVE the dual headlight setup. It sets a different standard to vintage super sport builds. I think it really sets your bike aside from ALL THE OTHER vintage builds I see. I feel your CB is fucking iconic in the world of modernized and well built bikes. The more this thing evolves the more pleased I am that you follow your own desire. A few people discussed what they thought would have made Zed just right, but I think the final result was more perfect than most could have interjected. ;)

-Rat

121 - 140 of 415 Posts